We finally have managed to video project for the BBC Archive. It is only a rough copy because of the time we had, but it is still viewable at the same time.
We did have few problem as mentioned before as the concept of the project was not clear to some of the members of the group, but still managed to create before the completion date.
But what have I learnt from this group project?
Fortunately, I have managed to actually meet the Graduate Skills provided by the tutors. These skills included:
- Creativy – I had come up with an idea, of football with religion as that was something that no one has ever actually talked about on any type of media.
- Media Literacy- The project did actually make sense and it was quite creative as I mixed the two subjects together to make one big project. The project had made common sense as I asked alot of people if they could understand what the video they thought my project will be about.
- Thinking skills comes in you what ever you do, or where ever you go, I did some research and it had the capability to mix with variety of subjects, so it was a good idea. It also made me think that it can be a start of something new. I judged this as a positive thing, and I could see that this was going to get somewhere.
- Communication was definately involved ( I do like to express my thinking and communicating in many ways) so I can never miss out on this and I love to get my message across, by verbally and digitally aswell as written.
- Team work was definately involved, as without the group not alot of work would have been done on time and since I did have other problem with a group member I had managed to solve the problem so everyone can be happy.
I can say I have put some effort in to the team. As a team, we did struggle a bit, due to the fact that was personality that would not get along well, but we did managed to complete it on time. I could say we could have done better but as a group we contributed enough.
Here is our team work video below:
Please do comment and tell me what you thought of the video. Also please do share
Well what can I say…..since this project involves a group work, I will be writing a blog based on my opinion of how the BBC project is coming along as it is coming near to the end of the project…
We had a new member in the group, thankfully the topic hasn’t changed as we have all stuck to the football/religion culture and it is coming along together well (well the editing of the video part!). Also we had to explain the topic to the new member of what we are doing and the idea he has its completely different to what we are hoping to achieve.
Problems we have dealt with is the timing also since this project has been done just within a timing of a week difficult to get all this done on time as we also have other places to be at the same time, as some members have been falling ill, and have work and meetings to go to.
As a group we all have done pretty well and have anticipated well, like a lot of though have gone into this, we have communicated through facebook, as well as sending out a Google document to the group members. We have really skilled people also in our group, which would make the project really good though we do not get enough time to do this because of the limited access to the rooms and also because the software we are using are limited on computers too.
On the other hand, I am still looking forward to the outcome of this project
Okay then, I wont be writing up a lot on here as there isn’t much to show on here as it is more to do with what I achieve out of this BBC Archive project which is a part of my assignment.
The BBC Archive is all about information being collected ever since 70 years ago which could be more useful for the future and remember the culture of how it was in the past, and also how we could learn from the past and things we persons today haven’t seen anything like it before.
So I have a group to work with,which will help make a video towards our BBC Archive project vid(wahey-hey) as I can not wait to work on it…:-D
We have an idea on what our project will be on but its quite complicating to actually mention it on here but in short words it is Football/Religion Culture mixed. I have two ideas on how to connect this altogether so far. This topic should make people understand about different cultures from all over the world as we are one people but are bought up in many ways.
I am hoping it turns out to be a great video as it seems really interesting to me …(obviously).